11th USA International Harp Competition
The USA International Harp Competition invites harpists of all nationalities to apply to be a contestant in the 11th Competition held at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana during the summer of 2019.
- All application materials must be received no later than January 15, 2019.
- Contestants must be between the ages of 18 and 32 on May 15, 2019. (e.g., applicant was born on/after May 15, 1987 and on/before May 15, 2001).
- Participants will be accepted based on a selection committee review of submitted application materials.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Accepted participants will be notified no later than March 15, 2019.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the Application Procedures.
How to Apply
Each applicant must furnish:
1. Completed official 11th USA International Harp Competition online application form. The online application form must be submitted no later than midnight EDT, January 15, 2019.
2. Video recordings of applicant performing his or her Stage 1 selected repertoire – files must be clearly labeled with applicant's name. Videos are to be submitted as a video link to a folder/files via Google Docs, DropBox, Box, Youtube, or equivalent. If you are unable to submit your recordings via online video files, please contact email@example.com.
i. Contestants are permitted to stop and restart the video between the three works.
ii. Memorization of all repertoire is required.
iii. No editing or sound enhancements of any kind are permitted within the recording.
3. Proof of age – PDF or JPEG files accepted (e.g., passport preferred, birth certificate accepted) Send file as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Three publicity photographs - recent color photographs in a high quality JPEG format electronically transmitted. One photograph should be front/waist up that is suitable for reproduction in the Competition program, another should be with a harp and the third is your choice. Send photographs as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com.
5. A resumé (in English), which includes education and performance experience, prizes and honors, a list of major harp teachers, schools and conservatories attended, and number of years of harp study.
6. Entry fee of $250 USD made payable to USA International Harp Competition. Methods of payment include:
- Certified check: mail check to USA International Harp Competition, P.O. Box 5008, Bloomington, IN 47407.
- Credit Card via PayPal: a PayPal invoice will be sent to your email upon receipt of the online application form.
- Wire transfer: information regarding a wire transfer will be sent to your email upon receipt of the online application form.
Please note there is an additional $10 charge if entry fee is paid by credit card ($260 USD) or $20 fee if paid by wire transfer ($270 USD).
- The USAIHC will make every effort to host interested contestants in the home of a local host family. Other accommodations will be available at the contestant’s own expense. A list of accommodations options will be sent to contestants upon acceptance.
- All Stage 3 contestants (semifinalists) will be required to provide their tax-payer identification number prior to receiving their prize. Additionally, each semifinalist must provide an end of year postal address to receive 2019 tax documentation.
- The USAIHC reserves the right to record and film all Competition Stages for radio, television, and/or web streaming.
- English is the official language of the Competition.