Dan Yu of China was awarded the Gold Medal in the 2001 Competition. Dan was hailed by New York critics as "in class of her own" following her debut in New York's Alice Tully Hall in 2002. She performed debut recitals in Wigmore Hall, London, in Paris and Tokyo, and recently toured China where she appeared with the Beijing Symphony and was featured in a documentary film broadcast world-wide. She has performed extensively in the United States and Europe, and recorded her debut album on the Egan Records label. Currently living in Los Angeles, she continues to concertize in the United States and elsewhere, and will record her second CD in 2005.
- Silver Medal Winner – Maria Luísa Rayán, Argentina
- Bronze Medal Winner – Julie Conrad Smith, USA
- Fourth Prize – Jessica Zhou, China
- Fifth Prize – Yi-Wen Kuang, Taiwan
- Sixth Prize – Baltazar Juarez, Mexico
- Seventh Prize – Kazuko Shinozaki, Japan
- Eighth Prize – Etsuko Chida, Japan